Submission Deadlines (extended)
(All deadlines by end of day PST)
- Nov 28, 2014 - Full and Short Paper
- Jan 2, 2015 - Student Volunteer Application
- Jan 23, 2015 - Poster and Demonstration
- Jan 31, 2015 - Student Design Competition
The 6th Augmented Human (AH) International Conference will be held in Singapore at the Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Center on March 9th - 11th, 2015. The AH international conference invites scientific contributions towards augmenting human capabilities through technology for increased well-being and enjoyable human experience.
As in previous years, the conference proceedings will be published in the ACM Digital Library as a volume in its International Conference Proceedings Series (ACM In-cooperation).
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Wearable Computing and Ubiquitous Computing
- Augmented Sports and Serious Games
- Augmented and Mixed Reality
- Augmented Fashion and Art, Smart Artifacts and Smart Textiles
- Assistive Augmentation, Assistive and Rehabilitative Interfaces and Games
- Alternative or Novel Feedback Modalities
- Interfaces and Applications for Augmented Healthcare & Well-being
- Bionics, Biomechanics, and Exoskeletons
- Brain-Computer Interfaces, Muscle Interfaces, Implanted Interfaces
- Sensory Substitution, Fusion and Augmentation
- Hardware and Sensors for Augmented Human Technologies
- Safety, Ethics, Trust, Privacy, and Security aspects of Augmented Human Technology
- Human-Factor Study, Field Study, and User Study for Augmented Human Technologies
Papers, Posters and Demonstrations
- Nov 28, 2014 - Full and Short Paper Deadline
- Jan 12, 2014 - Author Notification
- Jan 23, 2015 - Poster and Demonstration Deadline
- Jan 30, 2015 - Camera-Ready Due for Full and Short Papers
- Feb 5, 2015 - Poster and Demo Notification
- Feb 9, 2015 - Camera-Ready Due for Poster and Demonstration
- Full papers - 8 pages, anonymised, long presentation
- Short papers - 4 pages, anonymised, short presentation
- Demonstration papers - 2 pages, anonymised, demo at the conference
- Poster papers - 2 pages, anonymised, poster at the conference
For all submissions, we encourage authors to submit supporting video material(s) in addition to the PDF submission.
The four paper categories will be published in the ACM digital library and follow the "SIGCHI Papers" format (http://www.sigchi.org/publications/chipubform/). We encourage authors to submit supporting video material in addition to the PDF submission. Authors of all accepted papers will also be invited and encouraged to participate in the demo session.
Submission Link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ah15
Poster and Demonstration Co-Chairs
Student Design Competition
- Jan 31, 2015 - Student Design Competition Deadline
- Feb 5, 2015 - Student Design Competition Notification
Theme: Altered Reality
With the advent of on-body sensors and ubiquitous computing systems, technology can be used to enhance our capabilities and augment our perception to create highly customizable, personal feedback loops of our surroundings. The world as we know it is no more. Now imagine the world as we don't know it. Defy our notion of the physical by using the digital! We invite you to create augmented systems that challenge our perception of our existing reality. What happens as our reality becomes skewed? How will we react? What if your friend's forehead becomes a display? Could this enable human-human interaction? Could we broadcast our mood and create wearable social networks? What if we could create our own theme songs using your emotional state. You are only limited by your own creativity! Now go augment!
- Make a team!
- Imagine an AH device based on this competition's theme. You can design (or redesign) an everyday object, a wearable form of technology, a toy, a gaming system, etc. The project can be for the elderly, for yourself, for your favorite pet, for a child, for an artist, or more! The possibilities are endless!
- Submit your AH device idea by Jan 31th, 2015.
- Project Name
- Project Detail (100-200 words)
- Sketch (optional but strongly encouraged / maximum 3 file / jpg or pdf)
- Video (optional but strongly encouraged/ maximum 3 min. / mov, mp4, avi, or youtube, vimeo, etc...)
- The top 15 creative teams will be selected by the jury on Feb 05, 2015
- Create a working prototype based on your idea before the conference.
- Bring your prototype, and Demo at the conference (March 9-11, 2015).
- Get the prize! (March 11, 2015)
Eligibility The team should consist of students of all levels (over 18 years old).
Team Size 1-5 person.
Team Composition The participant can make a team from different schools. But the participant cannot belong to two or more teams.
Awards We prepare two types of Awards (Jury's select and people's choice) with glittering prizes!
Registration If your idea is selected by the jury, at least one person must register for the conference and attend the conference for demo
Registration Waiver A registration waiver will be provided for at least one SDC team member to attend the conference.
Travel Award We will be providing partial financial assistance for travel support on a case by case basis. Please email the SDC chairs: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with an itemized list of requested funding.
Deadline Jan 31, 2015.
Student Design Competition Co-Chairs
- Jan 2, 2015 - Student Volunteer Application Deadline
- Jan 15, 2015 - Student Volunteer Notification
Benefits and Duties
As a student volunteer you get:
- Free conference registration
- Free meals during conference
- Student Volunteer T-Shirt
- Get in contact with people from Augmented Human Research
Therefore you will help us with organisational stuff during the conference, such as helping with the registration, badge checking or A/V support during sessions.
Requirements, Arriving and Leaving
- You are a matriculated Undergraduate, Master or PhD Student
- You are 18 years or older
- You will stay in Singapore from 8th March 2015 noon to 11th March 2015 evening
- You will have the funding for accommodation and flight (has to be confirmed after selected as Student Volunteer)
Student Volunteer Chair
Benjamin Petry, Singapore University of Technology and Design, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org